What is the purpose of The Auxiliary Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital?
The purpose of the Board is to raise funds to support innovative research programs and treatment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
How is the Board affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital?
The Auxiliary Board is an Affiliated Organization (AO) managed by Northwestern Memorial Foundation. Northwestern Memorial Foundation members are assigned to each AO to provide support.
How is the Board organized?
The Board’s affairs are managed by its Executive Committee, which consists of the President, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Philanthropy, Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations, Vice President of Membership, Vice President of Nominating, Vice President of Program Selection, Secretary, Treasurer, Procurement Chair, Silent Auction Chair, Raffle Chair and Liaison Chair.
Board members work together in committees by conducting active working sessions held each month. This allows the Board to both plan and execute activities related to upcoming events. Members can also more effectively use their time to accomplish the Board’s objectives and goals.
What are the Board’s Committees?
The Board’s currently has six committees, some of which have subcommittees. These include:
- Marketing & PR
- Program Selection
- Summer Lovin’
What are the Board’s demographics?
The Board is composed of a group of more than 40 young professionals and future community leaders between the ages of 25 and 40 from the Chicagoland area.
How does the money raised get allocated?
The money raised from Auxiliary Board events supports innovative research programs and treatment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. In 2015, The Auxiliary Board selected a new cause and will now direct their support to novel type 1 diabetes (T1D) research, the first of its kind to aid in T1D diagnosis and risk assessment. Learn more about Our Cause.
What are the membership requirements of a Board member?
Board membership requirements include the following, among others:
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Pay $350 in annual dues (includes 2 VIP tickets (value $210) to Summer Lovin’ and food at every meeting)
- Actively participate on a committee and any related planning and task execution to successfully perform the committee’s work
- Secure $300 in Silent Auction donations for Summer Lovin’
- Sell 15 raffle tickets for Summer Lovin’
- Participate in additional events as organized by the Board
- New members plan the Board’s signature fall event, Last Call for Fall
- For a complete list of responsibilities, please refer to the ABNMH Membership Agreement
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership application process is now open for the 2016-2017 year. For an application and more information on becoming a member, please refer to Becoming a Board Member.